Thursday, June 08, 2006

Canna in the heat



Several Cannas have opened up over the last few days. These are the ones we planted this spring. One of my aunts gave me more on Easter. Those are doing well, but not blooming yet. Also thriving right now: Bat-faced cuphea, caladium, daylilies, cosmos, honeysuckle, Crape Myrtle, and Zinnia. The red Cala lily I planted this spring has healthy foliage, so I have high hopes for its survival. Mrs. Dudley Cross has bright red new growth... Maybe she'll finally bloom for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie in Austin said...

We seem to have a lot of plants in common... I'm growing a canna called 'Bengal Tiger'. It has yellow & green striped leaves with yellow/orange flowers, and the effect is awfully flashy.

In the north I had to dig & store cannas over the winters, with very uneven results. Down here when they pop up each spring, it almost seems like cheating!

Thanks, R, for visiting my blog, and adding me to your list. My husband just helped me figure out how to insert links, and you are one of them.

Happy Gardening,
Annie

June 11, 2006 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home