Saturday, June 24, 2006

Damn this humidity!

I thought I was going to accomplish a lot today. The dogs woke me up around 7, and I figured, "Hey, I can get a lot done if I actually start working now." Then I went outside. It was HOT. At 7AM. And steamy. Gross. So, I went back in and got back in bed. So much for today.

On a more inspirational note, here's a picture of the meadow outside of the Salt Lick in Driftwood. We went there yesterday because my brother-in-law (who refers to himself as the "Sexy Beast," in case you wanted to know) turned 18. Watch out, ladies... Anyhow, who'd have thought Zinnias and Gladiolus could be so impressive?

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie in Austin said...

The old fashioned flowers look perfect in that country setting. I sure hope there was lots of Salt Lick's peach cobbler involved, too!

June 26, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger r r s said...

Well, this time it was blackberry cobbler, which was also pretty good.

June 27, 2006 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home