Monday, July 03, 2006

More rain, more humidity


Red Columbine in the partial shade bed on Sunday evening


This weekend, we saw more showers and more heat. Saturday evening was cooler than things have been lately. The daytimes were muggy, though. We got a reasonable downpour on Sunday evening, and a drizzle Monday morning.

My husband keeps buying me plants; while I appeciate it, I do worry about their chances for survival.

New stuff this week:

"Climbing Red Fountain" rose, described on the tag as an "everblooming climbing rose." Pictured.

"Climbing Iceberg" rose, a climbing floribunda. The tag says it only blooms on old wood, and that it's a vigourous climber.

"Early Splendor" Amaranthus. Right now it's fushia, but is decribed as "maroon-purple at base; scarlet-red upper leaves." It was in a planter at Shoal Creek nursery and is quite impressive.








2 Comments:

Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Did you get rain on the Fourth? Late that afternoon, we had an inch in less than an hour.

I hope your late planting experiment does okay - the red climber looks nice, but my plant envy is for that Climbing White Iceberg. Not that I'd know what to do with it - just want it anyway!

July 06, 2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger r r s said...

I know it rained, but I'm not sure how much. I have great hopes for the Cl. Iceberg... It's my only white rose.

July 06, 2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home