Thursday, September 14, 2006

Seasons change...




We've just gotten back from a nice little 3-day trip to the Frio River.

A view of the river- a short walk from our cabin.


When we got back to Austin, we were told that it rained while we were gone. My plants (at least the ones that are still alive) seem refreshed by the recent showers and cooler temperatures.

The firebush has started to form buds.

The lime tree is blooming... again!

This evening, I dug up some of the bearded iris. I'm planning to group them differently. I hope to get all of my iris and canna transplanted over the weekend, but we've got family in town. I'm not sure if I'll achieve everything on my list.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Frio is beautiful. I'd heard it was, but I've never been there. Isn't it quite a bit west of Austin? I didn't realized that it would look so lush.

September 14, 2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger r r s said...

Pam, it's southwest... about a three-hour drive. It seems greener out there than in other parts of the hill country, and it's not as crowded as, say, the Guadalupe or Comal in New Braunfels. The water is also cleaner... I have other pictures where you can actually see the fish and turtles swimming along the river bottom.

September 15, 2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

R - it's 9:30 Sunday night and we're getting some pretty good rain up here - hope it's on the way to your house!

Annie

BTW, I'm also a Sagittarius. One of these days I'd like to know how to make it appear in a profile.

September 17, 2006 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent you an email to arrange a time to get together so I can give you some oxblood lilies...don't know if it got spam-filtered or what but email me back and I'll dig some up for you.

September 19, 2006 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home