Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bleh.

It's hot and miserable. I can't even get my dogs to go outside. The ground is dry; the leaves on almost everything have wilted. I finally caved the other day and watered, but I'm not sure how much good it did. The only things flowering right now are purslane, cosmos, zinnia, and bat-faced cuphea. Most of the plants I tried to start from seed in containers have died, so I threw them away today.


The sago palm is doing well in the hot shade.
.

Cosmos are still going strong. I thinned them out a little over the weekend.

Seed pods on the Whitebud.

Somehow, the Asparagus Fern is still alive.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second your "bleah".

I think if I'm going to be true to the garden I better start photographing wilted plants this week.

July 18, 2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Even the stuff that I've been watering looks like hell, with the exception of the remaining Snail Vine, and its new weaving tips that grow a couple of feet every day. There's a weather station about a mile away, and the website claims that yesterday's high temperature was 106.9ยบ, which is freaking me out.

Wait a minute...R., that name nearly got past me! You own a WHITEBUD? That tree has been an object of my desire for a quarter of a century.

July 19, 2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger r r s said...

Yep, we've got a whitebud. I've got pictures of it in bloom somewhere, but they're a little fuzzy. It's still pretty puny. My husband is a tree fiend- we've got all kinds of good stuff. My personal favorite is the Mexican Plum. I'll have to start posting more pics of the trees.

July 19, 2006 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home