Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Rose


This is one of my Home Depot roses. Shortly after it was planted, I developed an interest in antique roses and a disdain for modern grafted varieties. I don't know the name of this rose, and I'm not even sure that the orange/yellow blooms were on the original plant. It's in a shady spot, and it doesn't get much attention from me. Every once in a while, the plant will push out a flower. I love the sunset colors in the petals, as well as the shape of the bloom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie in Austin said...

You may not be thrilled with it, RSorrell, but that color is pretty cool, and you said it's in shade - so it has a few virtues:)

Annie

November 14, 2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger Gotta Garden said...

Forgive me if you already know this most excellent rose source: http://www.antiqueroseemporium.com/

I heard Mike Shoup speak a few years ago, have his book and have ordered from his nursery...wonderful plants!

It really is true...the antiques and especially own root roses (all I say I'm going to buy from now on!!...famous last words) perform so much better!!

Good luck with your roses!

January 29, 2007 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home