Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ug.

It's been so long since I published a post, I forgot I'd switched over to the "new" Blogger. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to sign in!

Anywho, I got a new (better) digital camera for my birthday, but there's not much going on in the garden right now. I re-structured my front flowerbed by making it smaller and neater, and I'll post pics once I'm done transplanting my perennials.

It's hard for me to get ANYTHING done outside during this time of the year... I work for a group of lobbyists, and the state legislature started session this week and won't be done until the end of May. This limits my daylight working hours to weekends only, but that's when I try catch up with my regular chores, errands, etc.

In the meantime, the husband is searching for a Montezuma (NOT Bald) Cypress. If anyone knows where we can pick one up in the Austin area, please let me know.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last month, Barton Springs Nursery had a couple. I believe they were 15-gal. size. Where are you going to plant it? Out front where neighbors (like me!) can enjoy it too?

January 11, 2007 4:19 PM  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Hi R! It's good to hear from you, and to know you're still planting.
Good luck with the Montezuma Cypress - I've seen them in the Hartmann Dinosaur Garden at Zilker, and they are beautiful.

Enjoy your weekends!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

January 11, 2007 5:17 PM  
Blogger r r s said...

Oh, I wish we had room for it in the front yard! There's already a huge pecan and a southern magnolia there, though... so I don't think we can add any more "big" trees. We'll see.

January 12, 2007 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home