Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Awakening

Pictures from a stoll through the yard yesterday evening:



New growth on the Playboy rose.
Paperwhite buds. (These were open this morning when I left for work.)

More Paperwhites- in the back yard. (Or are they something else? I didn't plant them; they came with the house. I've only moved them.)

Limes: I don't think they're any good, since they went through the freeze.

Blossoms on the Nectarine tree in the front yard.

A close-up of a nectarine blossom. The tree has been in bloom for about a week now.

The Forsythia... It's not thriving, but it's certainly alive.




A daffodil, maybe? I don't know, but I didn't plant anything new this year.


Black Bamboo.




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My garden is waking too. I also have daffodils in bud, the Mexican plum is close to flowering, and I have hyacinths in bloom. With more days like today---what is it, 80 degrees out there?---everything will be awake soon.

February 21, 2007 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, yours is the second Blogger blog that I've noticed will not provide a link to my site through my comments, even though I provide my web address under the "other" identity. I decided to comment again to try a trick someone told me about, to see if the link will go through this time.

Pam
www.penick.net/digging

February 21, 2007 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, that worked. Thanks for letting me experiment, R.

February 21, 2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Whatever that white small cluster daffodil is, it's beautiful! The flowers look pretty big for paperwhites - maybe it's an heirloom type?

Annie

February 21, 2007 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so envious of your black bamboo.

How's your Mexican plum doing--I remember you saying you had an especially nice-smelling one. Mine just exploded in bloom, yesterday, as did my neighbor's redbud (finally) and the cedar elms.

March 01, 2007 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home